Monday, March 30, 2009

Home again...

We're home from our trip to Arizona for Spring Break. (see the link at right to our Picassa web albums) We were able to enjoy the week with my mom who "snow birds" there a few months of the year to escape the Wisconsin winters. Her sister, my Aunt Eileen, joined her again this year. What a blessing. My Aunt Eileen never had children of her own, but you'd never know it. She hovered and cleaned and played and cleaned and really entertained the boys this week. She's 83 (will be in July). We had fabulous weather - not too hot, not too cold. The boys swam every day. Ryan is almost good to go. Steffen, he has a healthy fear of the water he still needs to overcome, but it will come. Most of my readers know Ryan, so you can just picture him. Everyday he entered the pool, made new friend(s) and on Saturday when we had to say our goodbyes to "the pool" his exit was quite grandiose. He knew all the kids by that time, and most of their parents as well. Elvis has left the building. He is quite a trip to watch him work a crowd. I can hardly wait for his school years to begin and his friends to stabilize.
***
Like any ends to Big events, I start my Monday with big plans to "start over". So today I made my menu:
Mon: Fish Sticks
Tues: croc pot chicken italiano (Ryan's swim Lesson on Tues/Thurs nights)
Wed: bean and rice rollups
Thurs: croc pot potato/corn chowder
Fri: not quite sure yet, my friday has some plans that need to materialize, and Dan may be in charge of Friday meal. Otherwise, Sweet and Sour Meatballs.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I return to the gym. Goal: make it to they gym 3X week
Today, I started to be more conscientious about drinking more water, cut out pop (Pepsi) and less coffee. Neither of which I drink a whole lot, but I'd like to eliminate from my diet completely.
Today I stopped taking one of my medications I've wanted to for awhile now (anti-anxiety) and it's never a good time, so I just need to do it and rely more on God in these areas that drove me to the medication.
Today I did my quiet time and Bible STudy early in the am.
***
So it starts. I find after spring break, the chaos starts, preparing for summer stuff. Ryan starts his swim lessons tomorrow (2X week for 1 month) I presume these lessons will put him over the hump and he'll be a bona fide swimmer at age 4 and 3/4. I sign up both boys for their t-Ball and modified T-ball for the summer. They start in June. Steffen starts a running club with his school next week. It's pretty tame stuff, but I like to get him involved in group activities to help him with his shyness and he loves to run, so we'll see where it goes. They only have 3 "meets" so most of it is practice. ahhhh, I think that's it, other than preparing for end of school stuff. Ryan "graduates" from pre-school (yes, they do it with a cap and gown!!!) on his 5th birthday (May 20)
***
My Bible Study has only 2 more meetings - ends next week. I'll miss this a lot. I stepped into leadership this year and got to enjoy meeting with the leaders before our small groups and what a wealth of wisdom that has been. LOVE IT. I hope to return next year (if they'll have this rookie) I just love studying God's Word and this has been so rewarding. I also just love to meet other women in our large church - it enriches my life immensely. I've enjoyed our small group as well. What a great group of ladies hungry for the Word and faithful to their study. It's been wonderful - seldom do they miss, seldom do they not finish their study. WONDERFUL discussions. I'll hate that we have to disperse and all get in different groups next year. Rumor has it we're studying Romans in the Fall (or is it Hebrews?). I can not wait. I look forward to hear what's going on for the summer in women's ministry. Last year we did a casual format going through "I am". (I think that was our topics) Again, met some great ladies in our church I would not have met otherwise.
***
I'll close here - I've rambled enough. I'll try to post more often, since I've promised profound thoughts (Ha). Thanks for sticking with me.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I'll be thinking about you as your body recovers off of the med.

    I didn't realize we both had a child born on 5/20. :)

    Glad your trip here was a good one!

    ReplyDelete