Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today is me and my sweeties 9 year wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe 9 years ago we were enjoying a "chamber of commerce day" wedding in Scottsdale Arizona - where we called home. It was a gorgeous day - but we were dog tired by the time we hit our honeymoon suite that night. Whew. We enjoyed a 7 day (??) Windjammer Barefoot Cruise in the Caribbean. Perfect for a honeymoon. (I hear the outfit has folded) Ahhh, to be on a beach again. Ahhh, to be in a bikini again. :) So we've been married 9 years, which then means on May 7 we'll have been in Colorado 9 years. THAT is so hard to believe! We sort of "passed" on the day, and will go out to dinner on Friday night.
Our wedding day is such a great memory. The weather was perfect, we were married by a pastor we love and adore (and greatly miss his preaching) (Pastor Darryl DelHousaye) All our family (except my bro) were there - most for the whole week leading up to the wedding. Both my dad and dan's mom were living. I had a very close friend from High School come all the way from Wisconsin. So many highlights.
One specific, vivid memory is when I was at the end of the asile waiting to walk down. We got married at Scottsdale Bible Church, which is a very large church, larger than Village Seven. There are no outside windows, so although we were married at 10:30 am, when all the doors are closed, it's quite dark. The organist simulated the "bells ringing" before I came down the aisle, the sanctuary was dark, and apparently from Dan's perspective, looking up that very long asile with my dad and I waiting at the top, I was silouetted against the open door. It was riviting, waiting for 10 very long "dongs" of the bell. Pretty dramatic if I do say so myself. Dan's Aunt Ellie sang "only by Grace" (performed by Kim Hill) - which was a perfect song for my "second" wedding. Only by Grace, indeed.
I could go on and on about wedding day memories. I'll save them for another anniversary. I want to hear something special from your day.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Dan and Amy! What a blessing~

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two! Congrads!!!
    Got any plans for a cruise next year for your 10th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks ladies. For our 10 year, we HOPE to plan a nice extended weekend in Telluride - my favorite spot on earth. That will depend on housing for the boys and finances. When we were planning our honeymoon, we ALMOST did a dual ski/sun trip but decided it would be a packing nightmare. Since we opted for the beach for the honeymoon, I get my ski/snow vaca for 10 year. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Dan and Amy!!

    Today is my mom's birthday too!!! Fun!

    Here's to many, many more celebrations! Cheers!
    So glad to have your family part of our family.

    Love,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete