Saturday, March 7, 2009

Checking in, Checking up...

Confession time. I've had PLENTY of opportunity to resist my urge to buy more candles, more lotions, more jewelery. Really. It's only March (barely) and I've had temptations galore in these three areas, in particular. (Keeping with my earlier post of downsizing in 2009) How am I doing? ehhhh, OK. Not great. My candle junkie, AKA Suzanne, emailed me with Partylite's March promotion. Ladies, it was just too good to pass up. Buy just ONE dozen votives and get 2 dozen FREE!!! You KNOW I'll use them. :) Never mind, I still have a closet full. I will say, in my defense, that many of my candle stock are of the fall/holiday scents. So, I really did need some new spring scents. So I caved. BUT, no more - OK? Then, my dear friend Sheila is getting rid of some of HER inventory of Lia Sophia jewelery....great prices....I have to buy birthday gifts anyway, right??? So far I've not succumbed to this temptation. For this one, I wait for Dan to get a job, and if she still has her pieces, I'll buy the ones I have my eye on. The birthday in question is not until June. I've got time to mull this one over. As for the lotions, I'm doing great. I'll be glad to get rid of all these various scents in my closet. I do, however, REALLY want to get my favorite face wash...but am holding strong. I should take a picture of both my linen closet with all my girly stuff, and then of my candles - then you guys can REALLY see my progress. Hmmm, let me think on that.
So, those of you braving a few resolutions with me. How are you doing? TA, how's that reading through the Bible? I think of you often. I know how hard it is to get my weekly study through ONE book of the Bible....I can't wait to hear how this goes for you this year. Keep on my friend. Don't give up!!! I'll be there at the finish line with a cup of cold water for you!
Come on, for those of you who DID NOT share with us....what are you working on? Can I save a glass of water for you too? I'll share a few other things I'm "working on" for 2009 another time.
***
as an aside....I got the GREEN light from Dan to go skiing on Monday!!! I am so stoked!! What a huge blessing this is to me. We'll have to pull money from under the mattress, and I should NOT be doing this, but I don't get opportunities like this very often (read: never). Thank you Lord, for giving me a wonderful, supportive husband. I think he's just as thrilled to "give" me this. Woo Hoo!
Later ladies.....

3 comments:

  1. I made some resolutions at the beginning of the year, they are coming along, though some are more slow than others. I'm trying to use up all those toiletry items too. I'm only buying more if we are going to run out in the next week or I can score them free with coupons...because that is my favorite price. :)

    I hope skiing was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions ladies,

    I can't say that I really made any. I am always just trying to "get" organized. I feel like I am making progress but am sure that I will always feel some area could use a face lift.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - and being honest about your struggles! ;)
    I'm kinda like Kim and on an organizing/cleaning/getting rid of streak. I've been trying hard to stay on top of keeping my kitchen (especially the sink) clean and have been doing really well with it. MOST days - my sink is 100% dish free and sparkling clean. This is almost unheard of for me and takes a lot of effort - but man it helps improve my spirits seeing that clean sink! I'm also working on doing general cleaning (vacuuming, bathrooms, dusting, etc.) on a much more frequent time table (please don't ask me to admit in writing what the old time table was!) ;)
    I'm also coming up with 2-4 projects a month that I want to work on. I've already cleaned out our closet, filed LOTS of paperwork, cleaned out and off a desk in our family room (a.k.a. library) and cleaned out my laundry room cabinets in the past 6 weeks. Next on my list for next week is to take down all my cobalt blue bottles that I collect and wash them all. The coating of dust is way too thick!!!

    Ok - I typed to much - but I'm a verbose person! :) So all that to say that my goals for this year are organization and cleaning of my home.

    Thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete