Tuesday, March 10, 2009

a little enabling....

Since I can't go shop this sale, I thought I'd pass along the info to you. Yankee Candle is have a $1 sale on their tarts. For those who do not know what tarts are, those are the wax discs you put in a warmer. It equates to about a 50% off - so go stock up. May I recommend the Vanilla Lime, Island Spa, Lavender Vanilla for some yummy spring scents.
http://www.yankeecandle.com/yc/html/retail/Email_HTML/web_XF903A1.html
Also, sign into their website for their flyers and you'll be sent a coupon for $10 off $25 purchase (good deal) AND they now honor expired coupons, so go for it. See how one could get herself into trouble :)
Oh, by the way. If you try a scent and do not like it, return it and they will gladly exchange it.
Happy shopping. Remember poor me, on candle buying restrictions in 2009!!! ;-D

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I am proud of you for sticking to your resolution. I am sorry you have miss out. I have a bunch of tarts and I don't have a warmer....humm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kim's post! :) hehe Maybe I should buy a warmer and we could share! :) I don't have a warmer OR tarts - and think for now I should keep it that way.
    But, I do have about 30 partially burned candles around my house and just like Amy I'm trying hard to not buy more and use up what I have. But I too LOVE buying candles. There are so many GREAT scents out there (Vanilla, Berry, Cinnamon and Pumpkin are some of my FAVS).
    Just last week I "finished" the candle you gave me for Christmas with the cute "package" lid - and now don't know what to do with the glass bottom and cute metal lid. It's so cute - hard to throw away. Any ideas out there of what I could do with it??? What's the best way to clean out a glass candle container that has only a tiny bit of wax left and the wicks? Email me at karen@williamsonclan.us with any great ideas. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen, that's the great thing about PartyLite candles. They are parafin (sp?) based so a little hot water will melt the wax - I either put the jar in the freezer for about 20 min - 24 hrs if I forget and the wax will just pop out. HOwever if it is a very thin layer on the bottom, hot water and a papertowel will wipe it clean. I'm keeping mine for a candy jar (after it's initially cleaned, run it through the dishwasher) You could put cottonballs, q-tips or you could use for your stamping goodies. OR you could put together a pretty gift for someone and use it as your "package". Maybe some potpourri??? Put some stones or rice or the like and use it as a pencil holder??? LOTS of uses.

    ReplyDelete