Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What do YOU see???


Look at this picture and tell me what you see. Do you see a huge cloud lifting over our home? We had our FINAL inspection today and we passed. Which means construction is OFFICIALLY OVER!! Does that mean we are done? No, but as far as the inspectors are concerned we have dotted all our "I's" and crossed all our "T's". Let me add an aside here - in the world of home construction if you ever consider NOT getting a permit for your work - RETHINK it. Good friends and neighbors are trying to sell their home and the PREVIOUS owners did not pull a permit, and let me tell you, it's been a nightmare now to resell the house when repairs were made w/o a permit. It was of no fault of theirs, but now coming back to haunt THEM when they try to resell. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE people. (We've heard of this many occasions - deals fall through at the closing table) Anyway our repairs/construction are now official! HUGE HUGE HUGE! For me, I can start moving some things back in areas that I knew the inspectors had to look. woo hoo! All Dan has left, with regards to this huge remodel, is painting the outside of the house (where new siding went up on the new addition). Painting/staining trim and doors inside. Constructing our window sills where all the new windows went. Not too much left - I hardly notice these things. I'm just ecstatic that all my Christmas decorations can go back on the monkey shelves which can be put back in front of the "hatch" that leads to our crawlspace under the new addition.
****
We are preparing/packing for our trip to Arizona. We are soooo fortunate that my mom "snowbirds" in Arizona (Snowbirds are what the "natives" call all those who migrate from colder parts of the country (eg. Wisconsin) during the winter months. They arrive in January and leave in April - anyway, mom is one of them so we get a great place to spend spring break every year. This year she had a free ticket, my sister had a free ticket and we had a free ticket (thanks to all the purchasing from the remodel) so we are virtually getting there for free, and of course staying for free and using mom's car for free.....not bad eh? She is putting Dan to work when we get there, so she's offered to "pay" him and has paid for his ticket - so we're heading out on Friday for some fun in the sun. Check into our Picassa site for pictures. I'm getting sooooo excited. March is by far the BEST month to visit Phoenix, so we are sooo excited. We also get to reconnect with family and friends.
****
I"ve got some profound thoughts rattling around in this noggin' of mine...I hope to get it to this blog very soon. I just wanted to share the big news of the passing of inspection.
Later my friends. . . . .

1 comment:

  1. HOW EXCITING! It's been a long time coming and I know there are still those many T's to be crossed in finishing work on the home - but how exciting to have that final inspection done! :) CONGRADS! It's LOVELY!

    Have a GREAT spring break in AZ and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete