Friday, March 6, 2009

The boy is growwwing...

Steffen has been unusually hungry lately. I know that means a growth spurt. This was some spurt. He no longer fits in the bathtub when I rinse his hair. (sigh - yes, we still bathe him...another post) His birthday is around Christmas, and this year we knew he needed a new bike, but it's no fun getting a bike in December. So, today we went out and got him a new bike. I just marvel at how big he's getting. He DOES still like to cuddle now and again. (Especially after a bath to get warm) and you know, he just doesn't fit in my lap anymore. Of course, we make it work. :-D
***
Wednesday, March 4 was my dad's birthday. He would have been 74, had he lived. He's been gone 7 years. sigh. These days sort of just creep up on you, ya know??? I've been a bit blue these past few days. I so wish he could have met my boys. He would have really enjoyed them both. He was a great grandpa to my nieces, I"m sure they feel the loss a lot. I know some of you reading this have lost a parent, and so I know you grieve with me. sigh.
***
Dan is home. The OK job is not a done deal. I guess they COULD still get crazy busy. And if they do, Dan has told them he'd return. It just didn't make sense to be there while things were still trying to get rolling. In the meantime, he continues to seek work here in Colorado Springs. For now, I'm glad he's home. With Easter around the corner, I had really hoped he wouldn't miss the opportunity to sing with Steve Green (at our Church) and spend Easter with US. In the meantime, my world just opened up again. A friend and I are trying to get skiing this Monday while he's home. Woo Hoo!!! We'll see, these grandiose plans seldom seem to work out for me.
***
Tomorrow I'm going to check in on those "resolutions" we talked about. Confession time.
Thanks for stopping by. One of these days I've got a few good things I want to get your opinion(s) on.
Toodles!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your blog hits close to home. My dad passed away 7yrs.ago(Go to my blog and read about him in my archives) Also, I cuddled w/Charlie until he was 10 and Abby was born. In fact, tonight, we were sitting in our large living room chair watching a food show and he gave me a hug. I really cherish these moments, because they are few and far between!!! I remember asking my 6th graders when I was a teacher if they still liked cuddling w/their moms, and 75% said they did. So, don't worry, and keep cuddling!!! Read that book "I'll Love You Forever". Great post that I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Lots on your plate! How fun to actually see the growth in Steffen!
    I'm sorry about the loss of your dad - that must be hard to think of all the things he could have seen in knowing your boys. I'm sorry for your loss that will always remain with you!
    I'm glad for you too that Dan is home for Easter and job searching out here.
    AND - I'm so glad you got to skiing on Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete