Sunday, February 15, 2009

TItus 2:4

As I mentioned earlier, a friend and I are working our way through the book Feminine Appeal. The gist is we look at Titus 2:4 and there are 7 areas we, as married gals, need to be "trained" in. One of the authors questions was to ask our HUSBANDS which of the seven, if he could choose, would he have us work on. It's a pretty vulnerable place to be. And, as I suspected, Dan's answer was very different than what I would have thought he would have said. In fact, it got a "wow" response from me. To honor his/our privacy I won't share our conversation. However, it did provoke a very good, God Centered conversation. One I'd really encourage all of you to have with your spouse. I will share, that he was a bit reluctant to share his heart, for fear it'd hurt me. But, since I asked, and he had confidence that since I DID solicit his thoughts on this, it would be safe for him to share. EEK. Really, it wasn't so bad. I was surprised, but I feel better equipped to be sure we are going down the same path in this journey, this side of heaven. So now, as I continue with this study, I'll ask God for help in the areas I didn't think I needed help!!! :) Humility at its finest.
***
Steffen finally lost his FIRST tooth today! I was threatening to take him to the Dentist tomorrow if he did not get that tooth out before then. (it's been hanging there). As I mentioned, his permanent teeth have already popped through, behind the baby teeth, so he finally has the "hole" that hopefully his permanent tooth will slide into. Sort of strange, he really doesn't have a space there, since the permanent tooth is already in.
***
There is a little nugget I can report on tomorrow on Dan's employment. Nothing TOO exciting, certainly something temporary, but he has to talk to the owner of this company before I share too much. It will be a sacrafice to the family for the interim, so please pray for us. I'll let you know more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Praying about Dan's job situation and thankful that Steffen lost his first tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I love it when the Holy Spirit moves us. I am proud of you for taking what Dan had to say and to be praying about it. I pray that the outcome will strengthen your marriage.

    I cannot wait to hear about Dan's potential job. I am happy to read about your sweet family, friend.

    Love,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete