Monday, February 9, 2009

Another sick child....

Steffen crawled into our bed this morning with a fever. You've GOT to be kidding me. Doesn't God understand that today is Monday, a day both children go to school and I get to do what I want? Last week Ryan missed all three days of his Pre-school due to illness. For certain, my sinful, ungrateful heart is being exposed here. All I wanted in life was to become a mom, and here I am, a mom right in the thick of it, and I want ME TIME!!! Sigh. God certainly knew what a job it is, and it's not for the fickle. He gave us two children, instead of the 10 I wanted. I still admire those women who handle motherhood with such grace, and enjoy it to the fullest. I try to have these women in my life, you inspire me. You humble me. You remind me of this higher calling. Without knowing it, you sharpen me back to what I've been called to be. So thank you. So, I'll keep this post short and go love on my sick child.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    No one I know has a great attitude about being a mom all the time. These are our sacrificial years where we give so much of ourselves sometimes it seems we stop existing and we long for time to have a thought to ourselves. it is so healthy as you have some Amy time and then get back to the big resposibility of your precious boys. Unfortunately time to ourselves also has to be penciled in to our schedule. It is a super high calling and one that requires the strength of Jesus daily. I love my girls so much it hurts sometimes, my dedication to them is extreme and complete. I still have selfish moments when I long to teach school and escape the dailyness of housework and running errands, doing homework, piano lessons, dance class and softball practices. I am already scheduling a breakdown for the day when Maddy leaves for college. Time is flying dear cousin. Pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that S is better soon and that all of your family is on the road to health! It can be hard to have a positive attitude and take care of a sick child day after day - and then another sick child and not get selfish and want that me time. It is a struggle....and of course, you and I both know that being called to motherhood is about putting our children before ourselves. It isn't always easy or fun - but - our reward is in Christ. I pray that you are given strength (and good health yourself) to care for your family; patience in dealing with illness; and rest for yourself!
    On another note - I like your blog background - the little flowers as "bullet points" on the side are cute!

    ReplyDelete