Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gainful (??) employment

As promised, here's the latest on Dan's employment situation.
Our contractor for our Kitchen/room addition has a brother in town who owns a pretty sizable roofing company. They actually put on our new roof as well. Business is slow here, but Oklahoma City just experienced a pretty horrific tornado, followed by a huge hail storm. They are moving a temporary operation out there. They need salesmen to fill out all the insurance work etc. Dan will get a commission on each roof they do. This could be a pretty lucrative, temporary job situation. We hope it will only be 30-60 days. We'll see how it goes. They drive to OK tomorrow am. This came up pretty suddenly, so we've been scrambling over here to get him ready to go and get all the stuff he will need. It will be a family sacrifice, but one I think we can handle for this short time, if it does indeed pan out to be something financially beneficial.
In the mean time, he does have an application in at a pretty solid lead here in town. The pay is not so great, but it is solid work, with potential and with Benefits. SO....that is on our horizon as well. (We're told they are hiring in March) Obviously we'd like this one if everything lines out properly. OC is only a 10 hour drive or a very short flight if he needs to rush back here for an interview.
Please pray for my man. None of these opportunities are "perfect" and both are with family sacrifice.
Please pray for my husbands wife and his children. (that would be ME, Steffen and Ryan) I'm not afraid of this challenge - I'm pretty independent and can handle the task at hand. HOWEVER, my little sinners that I'm in charge of...they could put me over the edge. :-) Just kidding. Do pray that they not get too squirlley (sp?) with daddy gone. Play dates would be a welcome thing in the coming days.
Dan is planning on coming back home NEXT weekend, as we have plans to host the main course for Ambassadors progressive dinner. Then, if he's still diggin' the OC job (read: he's making awesome $), we hope he'll just stay in OC until spring break and meet us in Phoenix, where the boys and I are planning on visiting my mom.
Pray that this local job DOES come through, and go ahead and pray that they offer him a little more money than what the job posted.
That's all I know. It could get interesting over here.

2 comments:

  1. Wowza Amy!!! That is a praise about the job and I will be praying for your entire family. I pray the job here comes through for Dan. Thank you for getting us the update as promised! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! I pray things work out for Dan in OC for the short term and am praying that things pan out for the job here. Keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete