Sunday, February 8, 2009

No real big thoughts today.....

We've got the cold bug running through our house. Ryan is getting over a cold that kept him from school ALL last week, and Dan has come down with it, keeping him home from church today. It was a good day to just cuddle in by the fire, which is exactly what we did. I enjoy the warmer temperatures, but for goodness sakes, it's early February - I"m not ready for spring yet! I've got many more fires to burn in my gorgeous new fireplace!
I generally try to not "work" on Sundays, try to keep it low key, unplugged, unstressed. I wasn't too successful today. While Dan napped on and off all day, I decided it was a good day to organize, file our business paperwork. I hadn't done it all year, so you can imagine... It feels so good to get that done.
Dan asked me this evening about what to wear on an interview. (suit vs. sport coat, vs. shirt and tie etc.) I asked did I miss something? Does he have an interview this week? He said no, he just had a feeling he would this week. It may seem like an odd thing to say, but when my husband gets these "feelings" I generally take pause. When we were diagnosed (or I was) with "Premature Ovarian Failure" (early menopause) right after we got married, and all my hormone levels indicated that we would not be able to conceive, Dan had the "feeling" that we'd have children. He was very delicate to not really go on and on about it. But he just had this "peace". Of course God made good on that Peace, didn't He.
So, my husband has a "feeling" he's going on an interview this week. So we should pray, shall we?

1 comment: