Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Years resolutions

Do any of you make New Year resolutions? Many people I know don't. Hate them. It defeats them. I understand that. I, however, do. Call them goals if you like that better.
One I have for 2009 is to downsize. Of course our circumstances dictated this one for me. I open my linen closet in our master bath, and it's appalling. Gluttony at its finest. How many lotions, hair products, makeup etc. etc. does one gal need? Really. I'm not even one that really messes with all that stuff much! (since leaving the work force). I've tried almost every "rough heels" remedy known to man. I've GOTTA get stocked up on those Bath and Body Works sales. It goes on and on. With 2009 being the year Dan will get a "regular" job (we've been self employed for the last two years), we really need to tighten up the spending. So I resolved to NOT go to ONE at home party (stamping, beauty control, jewelry, candles) this year. (I have a whole closet filled with candles) I'm using what I've got, no more adding to my collection, no matter how great the sale. (oooooh, but my friend Sheila practically GIVES away her Lia Sophia jewelry....) That's my challenge. I do make an exception for the stamp club I belong to. I am saving my weekly allowance to meet my minimum purchases there. This is girly therapy for me, and it's only once a month, AND I resolve to only spend my minimum.
It's only February and I've been soooo tempted already. This is going to be hard.
How can I pray for you? What changes are you trying to make in 2009? Would you like to join me in my quest to "use what you've got" in 2009? I'll check in now and again to see how y'all are doing. Accountability IS effective.

NOTE: Steffen still has a fever. Thank you Lord for my wonderful husband. I am still making my date with a friend for coffee this morning. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I guess no one wants to be held accountable Amy....lol. I applaud you using what you have. We all expect re gifts this year if the occasion calls for a gift. Ha-Ha.

    I would like to be held accountable to reading thru the bible this year. I had a bad start but it's getting better. It may take me more like 18 months but my real goal is just to finish and not get discouraged when I get "off track" In fact I should just delete the dates on my schedule and just read it in order...the dates put so much pressure on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, now THAT's a goal! Puts mine to shame. Aren't you doing it with your daughter? How is that going? I WILL ask you about it.
    Hey, the re-gifting idea is a great idea....then once my closets are empty I am free to re-buy, right? Can you regift an already opened bottle of foot cream???? (ewww)LOL!

    ReplyDelete