Sunday, January 3, 2010

P365 - Day(s) 1, 2, 3

So far so good. Three down and 362 more to go. My intention is to do a page layout per week, but thought I'd at least post my pictures here....just in case it's all I get to.... :)

***
Jan 01













Jan 01 was a very lazy day for the Phelps'. I did my tradition of putting together a few puzzles. Dan and I didn't get out of our jammies until...... lets just say real late in the afternoon.

***
Jan 02













As much as I hate this part, all the Christmas decorations came down, re-sorted, organized, and put away for another 11 months, it's nice to get the house back in order. By this point I am so sick of the color red! But, we did manage a few great deals on some NEW ornaments at Dillard's - can't beat 75% off! It felt good to get OUT OF THE HOUSE and enjoyed a nice dinner at Olive Garden. Thanks to our investment broker!

***
Jan 03














Skyper. Our newest member of the family. Steffen got him for his 8th birthday, December 19. We've been very patient in letting him get acclimated to his new digs, and today we let him climb up on Steffen's hand to get used to him a bit more. We're anxious to have him play with us. As much as Leopard Geckos' actually play. He is a cutie, shhhhh, don't tell anyone I said that.

Our life in 2010.
One of our pastors preached today a bit on New Years Resolutions (kind of, sort of) and I must admit, by the show of hands, very few people make resolutions each year. I find that odd. But I guess I talked about that last year this time of year.
Sure, I "resolve" to lose that extra weight that has crept up on me, I'd also like to be more diligent in my personal prayer life....yada yada yada. I'm not talking about those kinds of resolutions. More like what Pastor Bryan was talking about today. What do I want changed in my life in the coming year? First and foremost, when contemplating my resolutions, I do spend lots of time talking to God about it first. What does HE want to work in my life in the coming year. That's pretty darned vulnerable.
For me, this past fall a few circumstances came our way that made it obvious what I think the Lord is up to in my life in the coming year. We're bringing Ryan back "home" from kindergarten, to "start again" next fall. All the process that made that decision come about was a bit "inconvenient" to me and my plans. But, as with many times my experience with our Lord, He gently reassures me that my timing is seldom His timing, and His timing always has something GREAT on the other side if I just trust Him with it. So, we put Kindergarten off for another 9 months and that's OK. However, that DOES mean a few tweaks to my schedule and understanding that my baby boy needs his momma just a little longer. And THAT my friend is what my Mission Field is, and may I never lost sight of that. Even when I need a little nudge now and again.
So, my "word" or "motto" for 2010, is "My Mission Field". Being a significant role model, nurturer, instructor for my children just a little bit longer.... and we're all good.
"My Mission Field" will be, by the way, the title I put on my P365 book at the end of the year, as it seems that is what the Lord has for my year, so may I look back on these days and be able to hear "well done my faithful servant".

2009. How'd we do with that year??? I'll save it for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment