Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why is it.....

Does this only happen in my house???? Seriously. To keep up with the laundry, I try to do one load a day, usually this helps me maintain this chore. Those who know me well, know that laundry is one chore I rather enjoy. Not sure why, but it just is - I typically do not have piles and piles, and seldom do I ever have unfolded laundry in baskets. Now, it may sit in the dryer a day (or two if I've totally spaced that load) but I've concluded that laundry must not be such a burden to me, since I seem to keep on top of it. I digress. My amazement is I live in a house of 4 people, and granted two of those people are under the age of 8, and ONE of THOSE people is a "messy by nature" type - so Ryan can go through several sets of clothes in a day. Especially in the summer. I also recognize that while the small boys (not the big one) is still sleeping in pullups (shhhh, family secret here) I put them in new jammies each night. When I fold my "load a day" (or two) I'm continually amazed at the size of the four piles. Seriously, my pile will have just a few items in it. Do I not wear clothes every day? Are my "colors" dispersed enough that not all my clothes are "dark" or not all my undies are "white" ??? Why is my pile always so tiny? If only I could do my OWN laundry, I could probably stretch it to once a week. I try to train up my hubby to wear his jeans more than once, as well as Steffen if they've not been playing outside. Steffen wears a uniform for goodness sake - his laundry should be very minimal. PLUS their clothes are still kid sized - why are their piles just HUGE??? Mine minimal? It continues to baffle me, and it's these profound things I often think about. How about your house. Do you wonder about this? Where does the mommy clothes go? Why is our pile so small? Carry on with your day......

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I've noticed the same thing with myself. My kids each have about 5 times more laundry than the adults. I don't mind doing the laundry as much as I mind putting it away. But the big kids all put their own clothes away so that makes it a little easier.

    ReplyDelete